Ride The Rockies in an event of The Denver Post Community Foundation. The Denver Post Community Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, serves to improve and enrich the lives of those in our community by raising and distributing funds to metro-area and Colorado nonprofit agencies serving the areas of arts, youth, education and human services. For more information, visit denverpostcommunity.com.
The Denver Post Community Foundation & the Ride The Rockies Community Grant Program
Ride The Rockies Community Foundation Grant Program returns for its eighteenth consecutive year! We are excited to offer this program which is designed to support nonprofit agencies that work to improve the lives of Coloradans in the towns hosting Ride The Rockies. The Denver Post Community Foundation and Ride The Rockies will award one $5,000 grant to a deserving nonprofit in each 2018 host community.
The Grant Program funds nonprofit organizations and their programs that support recreation and/or youth education. Priority will be given to programs that: Incorporate cycling safety and bicycle use into programs; Increase access for low-income participants to recreation and/or youth education; and/or show strong evaluation results, including outcome measures.
Since the program began in 2001, over $585,000 has been granted to towns throughout the state. We are honored to award $35,000 in grants to seven deserving nonprofits at this year’s tour. Please join us at the Entertainment Site in each community to congratulate our grant recipients and present them with their $5,000 check!
For information on the 2018 Grant Program:
- Press Release (2/19/18)
- 2018 Ride The Rockies Grant Guidelines
- Sample Application
The 2017 grant recipients include:
- Alamosa - La Puente, Inc. (PALS Program)
- Pagosa Springs - Developing Urban Single Track and Team (DUST2)
- Durango - Big Brothers Big Sisters of SW Colorado
- Ridgway - Weehawken Creative Arts (Ridgway Area Mountain Bike School Program)
- Montrose - Montrose Recreation Foundation
- Gunnison - Gunnison Trails
- Salida - Boys & Girls Club of Chaffee County
Traveling Silent Auction
In partnership with The Denver Post Community Foundation, Ride The Rockies is thrilled to bring back our Traveling Silent Auction for a eighth year in a row in 2017, helping to raise even more money for deserving nonprofits across the state. The generous cyclists of this ride help us achieve this goal year in and year out. If interested in donating to the 2018 Traveling Silent Auction, please click contact Rachel Gillette
For more information on The Denver Post Community Foundation :
• Visit www.denverpostcommunity.com and sign up for monthly emails
• Follow Denver Post Community on Facebook
• Follow Denver Post Community on Twitter
• Contact Bill Almquist, Community Relations Manager at 303.954.6702