LOTTERY REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN,
- Lottery applications will be accepted Sunday, February 5; 12:01 a.m. – Sunday, February 26; 5:00 p.m. MST
- A non-refundable $5.00 lottery fee will be charged to all applicants in order to validate credit card information
- All lottery application fees benefit The Denver Post Community Foundation
- On Friday, March 3, all applicants will be notified of their standing
- If selected, registrations are non-transferable and your card will be charged the full registration fee of $495, plus any products you purchased and/or donations you made during the application process.
BYPASS THE LOTTERY - sign up for the Prologue Experience; June 9 - 10
- This VIP, 2-night weekend, in Taos NM kicks off the exciting week-long Denver Post Ride The Rockies Bicycle Tour
- Participation in the Prologue guarantees your entry into the week-long tour
- Pedal with the Pros; Denise Mueller, John Howard & Ron Kiefel
- Experience a fully supported ride - 49 miles of meandering, hilly, scenic roads from Taos, NM to Chimayo, NM on June 10
- Enjoy a welcome reception on Friday night at the historic El Monte Resort & Spa, power house breakfast Saturday morning, catered lunch at Rancho de Chimayo (the winner of the 2016 James Beard Foundation Award for the American Classic Restaurant), a massage and delicious dinner under the stars at The Bavarian atop Taos Ski Mountain.
(Transportation is available on Thursday, June 8 and Friday, June 9 from Denver, Salida, Alamosa and Santa Fe Municipal Airport to the Prologue venue in Taos NM. Participants will be shuttled from Taos, NM to the start line in Alamosa on Sunday, June 11.)
Click here for more information
Ride The Rockies registrations are lottery-based and the Tour is capped at 2,000 participants. Here is how the lottery works:
- Applications are collected for a three week period. Once online registration closes participants are chosen at random through a computerized system.
- If you applied in 2016 and were declined, you may register in 2017 and your entry will automatically be weighted with one preference point.
- A weighted lottery gives applicants who have had the misfortune of never being selected or rarely being selected a greater chance/opportunity to eventually experience the wonders of Ride The Rockies. A weighted lottery means we adjust (weight) an individual’s odds of being selected into the ride the year following his or her application being declined. The system is based on the concept of “preference points.”
- One preference point is awarded if you apply and are not selected into RTR
- If you apply the following year that one preference point will increase your chance of being selected; but does not guarantee selection
- If you do not apply the following year then you lose your preference point
- Priority goes to those with the most preference points
- Team applications receive priority according to the member with the fewest points
- Preference points will continue to accumulate year after year until you are selected to ride at which point they zero out
- If submitting an application for Ride The Rockies as an individual or member of an existing team, you do not need to create an account, however we recommend that you do to save yourself time in the future. Team Captains (see Team Entries below) will need to create an account.
- RaceIT will send a confirmation email when you have successfully entered the lottery and notifying you of your $5 lottery application charge. Please save this email for your record.
- If you have any questions about registration or RaceIT please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-972-2348
- If you are planning to ride with friends or family, you are able to apply as a team and may have up to ten people
- You have the opportunity to apply as a team simultaneously (on one computer) and/or add members to your team through February 26, 2017
- Before members may join a team, a Team Captain will be required to create a RaceIT account and create a team name; which he or she will then need to share with other members so that they may find and join that team. NOTE: Only the Team Captain will be required to create an account
- Team Captains should only register themselves, no other team members
- The team name will be entered into the lottery and if the team is selected, everyone on that team will be accepted
- If you are planning to do Ride The Rockies on a tandem, both cyclists need to register under the same team
- Riders under the age of 18 need to be accompanied by an adult over 21 and should also apply as a team
- $5 lottery fee is mandatory for all applications
- The registration fee for the 2017 tour is $495 per person
- Applicants will only be charged this fee, plus any products selected during the application process, if you are accepted in the lottery
- RTR welcome package
- Camping space
- Transportation of one bag for the entire week (up to 70 lbs.)
- Shuttle services
- Entertainment in host communities
- Aid stations
- Bike techs
- Sag vehicles
- Medical support
- Commemorative jersey
- Water bottle
- Tour mapbook
- Event App
- All applicants will be notified of their status by e-mail beginning March 3.
- In the event you do not receive an email, we encourage you to check your "spam" folder. A “search engine” will also be located on the Ride The Rockies home page where you may verify your status starting March 6.
- If selected, part one of a three-part Rider Manual with event details will be sent as an electronic PDF in your confirmation email.
Cancellations / Refunds
Refund requests must be submitted through email at email@example.com and the following processing fees will apply:
- $95 Regular Tour / $300 Prologue Tour processing fee for cancellations between March 3 – April 9, 5:00PM MST.
- $125 Regular Tour / $350 Prologue Tour processing fee for cancellations between April 9 5:01PM MST – May 14 at 5:00PM MST.
- After May 14, 5:01PM MST – no refunds will be issued, regardless of the circumstances.
Refunds will not be issued for any voluntary donations to The Denver Post Community Foundation or for technical garments purchased during registration. Registration slots are non-transferable.
Private Support Vehicle Registration
For the safety of our cyclists, private support vehicles are asked to stay off the route and use alternate driving directions, when available. To help manage the number of private support vehicles both on the route and in the host communities, each vehicle accompanying a participant is required to purchase a Private Support Vehicle Pass that includes a decal. The decal should be applied to your vehicle on registration day and remain on your vehicle the duration of the Tour. By being a part of the private support vehicle program, you will have access to designated parking areas near the Headquarter Site in each host community and receive alternate driving directions prior to the Tour.
PASSES ARE LIMITED TO 200, SO BUY EARLY!
This program applies to ALL vehicles (RV, trucks, truck with trailer, van or car) that are supporting a rider(s).
A registration fee of $175 is required for each Private Support Vehicle. The fee includes VIP parking in each destination town, a list of attractions and discounts just for you in each host community, access to the services provided at the overnight site including showers, restrooms, beer garden, daily entertainment, other food vendors, bike mechanics and medical tent.
IF YOU ARE TRAVELING WITH A PRIVATE SUPPORT VEHICLE THIS PASS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ORDER TO ACCESS PARKING AREAS AT THE HEADQUARTERS SITE.
Passes may be purchased during the registration process and HERE until April 23, or while supplies last.