RV & Private Support
Click here to purchase your pass today! - available online until April 24, or while supplies last
The Private Support Vehicle Pass Program has been revamped to bring you better parking, more personalized support and a great list of discounts and attractions in each host community!
We understand that some RTR participants like to share their experience with family and friends who prefer to drive their own vehicles and provide private support for their loved ones. Ride The Rockies welcomes private support vehicles and we will do our best to accommodate their needs with our Private Support Vehicle Program. This program provides guaranteed parking for support vehicles near HQ sites, which is a luxury on a tour where space is at a premium. The nearby parking allows easier access to your riders and all the entertainment that occurs throughout the week. In addition to the convenience for private support vehicles, the program helps create a safer route for your loved ones riding in the Tour. There has been a growing concern for the safety of our riders due to the amount of traffic created by private support vehicles.
Remember: Ride The Rockies is a fully supported tour which limits the need for private support vehicles to be on the tour route itself.
To help manage the number of private support vehicles, both on the route and in the host communities, each vehicle supporting a rider will be required to purchase a Private Support Vehicle Pass. Participants of the Private Support Vehicle Program will be mailed a decal prior to the tour. The decal will allow you access to designated parking areas near the HQ site in each host community and will need to be applied to your vehicle before arriving on registration day and remain on your vehicle the duration of the tour.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and participation in this program! If you have any questions before the event, please contact Bill Almquist at (303) 954-6702 or email@example.com.
Expectations and Considerations:
- Vehicle passes are limited to 200; if you do not purchase the pass you will not be guaranteed parking at or near the HQ site.
- To help foster a safer environment for our cyclists, private support vehicles are required to drive alternate routes to each days destination (directions will be provided).
- Private support vehicle parking will be as close to the rider venues as possible – the private support vehicle area is not an RV park – more likely it’s a city park, someone’s field or a parking lot – hook-ups (water, electricity and dumping stations) are not provided.
- Drivers should arrive at the destination town's HQ site between 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (with the exception of the event start date on June 10th which will open at 11 a.m.). In locations with limited space, it’s difficult to best utilize the space when vehicles arrive either too early or too late in the day. Please plan your travel time accordingly.
- Each host community will provide a list of attractions and discounts taking place while we are in town. The list will be mailed to you with your decal and we encourage you to arrive early and take advantage of these special offers while waiting for your participant to arrive.
- Quiet Hours – When possible, we try and locate vehicles that have generators separately from those without. In addition, the private support vehicle area will observe quiet hours (no generators) from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. every day.
Vehicle Registration Fee
A registration fee of $175 is required for each Private Support Vehicle. The fee includes:
- Access to the services provided at the overnight site including showers, restrooms, beer garden, daily entertainment, other food vendors, bike mechanics and the medical tent.
- Designated parking area at or near the HQ Site
- Identified area for participant gear drop off so you have easy access to setting up camp for your rider (if you plan to do that for them).
- Fun list of attractions and discounts in each host community
- Alternate driving directions from start town to destination town
- RTR merchandise coupon for 10% off total purchase; coupon may only be redeemed during the event, June 10 – 17, at the official merchandise tent; one per pass
Private Support Information Packets
Registered Private Support Vehicle drivers will receive a packet in May that will include alternate driving directions, site maps with designated parking for private support vehicles and a vehicle decal. THIS DECAL MUST BE ON YOUR VEHICLE PRIOR TO THE START OF THE TOUR OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ACCESS TO PARKING AREAS. Volunteers will manage parking security in each host community and will not allow vehicles without a decal.
Private Support Volunteer Liaison
Ride The Rockies will have a volunteer who serves as a Private Support Vehicle liaison. He/she will make sure you are well looked after and answer any questions you have during the week.
If you wish to cancel your Private Support Vehicle Pass, you will receive a partial refund of $80 until May 31. If decals have already been mailed, refunds will not be processed until your vehicle decal has been returned to Ride The Rockies. Please send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be issued after May 31.