Ride The Rockies (RTR) has been a leader in the bike tour industry for over 35 years, guiding thousands of people through the Colorado Rockies. Throughout the tours, RTR helped the cyclists explore the vibrant culture of and communities. In 2021, RTR will provide a series of getaway weekend bike tours for those that want the adventure of Ride The Rockies with less people and fewer days. The boutique tours will be semi-supported, have a loop route for logistical convenience and showcase the iconic mountain passes and historic towns of Colorado.
2021 RTR Getaways Tours:
Registration Fee: $375
Provided with Registration:
- A spot in the 200 cyclist capped ride
- Commemorative T-shirt
- Daily Feed Zone Bag
- Hydration Stations
- Route Map and signage
- Route Support
- Medical personnel
- Weekend Parking
Not provided with registration: lodging and baggage transport
- RTR Getaway Gold Belt Gravel Registration – Click Here
- RTR Getaway Cottonwood Classic Registration – Click Here
- Hotel Options with baggage transport can be secured through Summit Cycle Solutions.
- Camping Elevated – valet camping will open shortly for Gold Belt Gravel
- Additional Baggage Transport can be secured through Summit Cycle Solutions.
What does Semi-Supported mean?
- Support Vans
- Provide basic mechanical support
- Will transport to end of route if rider is unable to continue for any reason
- No pre-determined aid stations
- Feed Zone bags will contain pocketable energy bars and snacks
- Water Tanks dropped in strategic locations
- Daily Route Map will highlight local stops for food and facilities
- Support Vans will have hydration and nutrition available
- Medical Support
- Stationed at the start of day & half-way point each day
- Always available for emergencies
- Mechanical Support
- Basic Mechanical support in support vans (tubes, pumps, tools)
- Bike Mechanic at the start of day
- Bike Mechanic at end each day
Where is the Start and what happens at the Start?
- There will be a predetermined Start location that is mutually convenient to the hotels
- Feed Zone Bags will be distributed
- Hydration Station to fill up water bottles
- Bike Mechanic
- Tour Staff onsite to answer any questions
Where is the Finish and what happens at the Finish?
- A predetermined Finish location that is mutually convenient to the hotels
- All riders are asked to check-in
- Bike Mechanic
- Daily Town Highlight Sheet can be picked up
- Discounts & Coupons
- Local Restaurants and sites to see during visit
RTR Getaways follow all Federal, State and Local COVID mandates. The safety and well-being of our participants is paramount and we stay up to date on what is the best COVID mitigation practice. We are optimistic that these events will happen and confident that they will be safe for all involved.
All proceeds from the RTR Getaways will benefit the Denver Post Community Foundation. The Denver Post Community Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that serves to improve and enrich the lives of those in our community through support of programs that benefit arts and culture; children and youth; education and literacy; and the provision of basic human services. For more information, visit denverpostcommunity.com .